Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring cleaning

This was my project today. Half of our bedroom is used for my craft area and recently was moved back in. Obviously it was not cleaned up much but simply tossed into the room willy-nilly so we could clean up another area. I decided today that enough was enough.





In the process I found this project I bought when Kyle, my oldest was a baby which makes this about 6 1/2 years old. I think its time to either finish this or use the yarn for something different.







Here are my helpers for the day enjoying a basket ride. Monica really wants to learn to knit and I think I will have to try teaching her soon. Nolan was pleased as punch to throw my balls of yarn around when he could get a hold of one.






The finished product. Doesn't it look nice? I am excited to have a cleaned up space to create and imagine in.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice work, the craft area looks great!
Was/is it going to be a triangular shawl? Fiber content? It looks like sort of a herringbone stitch...or is that just me? THE KNITTERS WANT DETAILS! :>)

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the crafting space! Have I seen the shawl??

Anonymous said...

I don't think so Naomi. It's been in a drawer for a long time.

Anonymous said...

How are you going to keep Nolan out of the yarn? Cute picture or Monica and Nolan.

Anonymous said...

It feels so good to get an area organized, great job! I love the picture of Monica and Nolan in the basket. Your knitting projects are all so nice, I haven't finished anything for a long while. You are inspiring me to get to it. I made a sweater for Kina when she was born and have to make a hat to go with it, she is going to be one on Thursday. My goal is to get the hat done by then :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh, that's me, Cathy, the anonymous... I don't have a password and thought it would give me a space to put my name.

Anonymous said...

Cathy put in other and you can sign your name without signing in!