Thursday, November 6, 2008

All Dressed Up

My Brother In Law got married right before my trip and I managed to snap a few pictures of the kids in their finery.

Insert this conversation into this picture.

Me: KD go stand by your sister. Get Closer! Noley come on get in the picture honey. Miss M smile. KD get closer to your sister!!
KD: I don't want to stand by her!
Me: OK Noley get in between them. I'll give you a sucker.
Miss M: (smiles nicely)
KD: I'm not standing by her!
Noley runs away.



These are the best of the pictures minus one I am using for Christmas cards.
Here is a picture of the Pimlico shrug. I thought it was way too big but it served its purpose for the wedding. I felted it just the other day, which would have been fine except there was a small issue with my timer not being set right and it got felted too much. It fits me but not as well as I would like. One of my sisters is going to get it I think.



Note the folded up sleeves and the fact that this "shrug" goes down to my butt. Yikes! I mean I knew it was big when I was knitting it but was in complete denial since I was in such a time crunch. I plan to make it again with smaller needles and possibly finer yarn.
I have a hat for KD and a scarf to show you next time, along with pictures of the felted Pimlico shrug. Talk to you all soon!


2 comments:

Rani said...

Your children are SSOOOOOO CUTE!

And I love the shrug! Even if it's too big...or ... to small. It's a knitting-feat!

Paige said...

I love the shrug, too, and your beautiful pictures!