Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Last Summer Fling (spoiler alert Woolgirl sock club at the bottom)

Our last hurrah and we just got back. B had some work to do in Brainerd, MN so we packed up the kids and went to the water park at the hotel there. If you want a fun place to stay try The Lodge. Woodsy themed hotel a little hokey but has a fun water park. The kids loved it.

Miss M would not let me take her picture, KD had a blast there and went down the tube slide many times all by himself. He was wearing a life jacket but he was still super proud.

I am feeling guilty that there is little knitting content to show here, but I do have yarn. My Woolgirl sock club package came this week and this is by far my favorite of the installments. Great package and good color, plus 2 patterns for socks! I can chose my favorite, awesome. Here's a picture.

I am plugging along on my dad's sweater and it is finally getting somewhere but I have hit a snag. There is a mistake in the pattern and I should just rip back but I have tried to knit back a couple times.
It. Is. Not. Working.
I will get up the nerve to just rip it back soon but I can't face it. I will probably start another pair of socks first. Gotta take the edge off you know?
Later Dudes.
PS. Go to Fibreholic for a fun blog contest.

3 comments:

sarah said...

We love a good water park. Thanks for the head's up about a good one.

Rani said...

Looks like a blast!

I loved the yarn in that last shipment. It is delicious!

Good luck with the sweater. That is SO frustrating.

Guinifer said...

I think there must be a chain of those waterparks because it looks very familiar!

I just awarded you an Arte y Pico on my blog!