Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Updating

My ribbed socks are almost done! It seems like once I picked them up again they went really fast. Maybe coming off the bunting, it looks like so little left to knit compared to the vast amount of stocking stitch on the bunting. So my mind of course turns to the next projects:)

First there is Christmas coming up. I have tried to not overwhelm myself with too much to do this year. That said, I tend to add things on as I go. I am planning to make only 4 things right now.

  • A present for my sister-in-law since I drew her name this year. I know just what to make but she might lurk here so no hints!
  • Felted slippers for my niece and nephew. These have to be done around Thanksgiving so they're next on the list
  • Felted slippers for my niece and nephew. (These count as 2 things because I have to make 2 pairs)
  • A little thing for BDiddy ( I know he lurks here so I can't tell you what it is) I can say that I'm using Noro Kureyon for this because I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what that is.

That isn't bad. I forgot that I have to make a craft for our girls gift exchange we do every year. But we often get together after Christmas to do this as it involves going out for dinner without kids. Lots of thing to coordinate for that to happen. This year we added a few new people to our group to do this so I think we are up to 7. Its a fun way to show your friends you care without having to make everyone a gift.

I got my Ravelry invite!! I can't believe I haven't posted this sooner. My user name is Imagine Knit. Check me out! I'm considering changing the blog name to this too. I know more changes but I like that better. I better do a blog search first. edited to add: obviously I changed it after writing this:)

Not much going on with the family except, BDiddy got a new boat. He's had the old one for almost 8 years and its little. The new one is a 18 foot fishing boat with lots of seating for kids and friends, a live well, a bigger motor, sun shade ect. He is so excited. It's funny to hear him talk about it and he asked me like 5 times last night if I like it. The answer is yes I do but it's really his deal. I'm just along for the ride.

I'm off to finish those socks! Knit on!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the new name! Your christmas knitting doesn't look to bad. Doable. The girls down here should start a gift exchange... I'll have to mention it to them... after my trip of course!!

Anonymous said...

i love the yarn on the socks! that's a project i haven't done yet.