The bunting is done!
Yarn: Arucania Nature Wool (No color name, just a code 33)
Modifications: I knit this in the round to the yoke, instead of a zipper I added buttons to the chest area and added seat belt holes. Sleeves were picked up rather than knit and stitched on. I also used worsted weight yarn instead of sport weight for a slightly larger size.
Look at that proud mama!
It is a little big yet, but its better too big than too small. It feels so good to finish this project and I love how it turned out. Jess liked it too which is a relief since I was thinking I might not get it done this century. Onward to new projects!
P.S. I am fully aware this posting is full of exclamation points, it just feels like the thing to do!