Friday, October 26, 2007

Finished socks!

Ok so these are done! For my first socks I think they turned out alright. BDiddy did say they are almost too comfortable. I think that means he likes them. Next time I will have to pay more attention to gauge because they are a little looser than I want them to be. I also need to brush up on finishing techniques as the toes are little wonky. Oh Well! Nothing is perfect. Pattern: Ribbed Socks from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles
Yarn: Bearfoot by Mountain Colors in Northern Lights-1 skein
Needles: size 3 and 2
Size: Men's

I started the Felted Clog's for Children by Fiber Trends for Christmas gifts. I'm making 2 pairs.

I have made these before and don't have a circular needle but there are directions to make them on straights. The yarn is Fisherman Wool by Lion Brand which I dyed with Kool Aid a while back with Jess. That was a fun project but I have been hanging on to this yarn with no idea what to do with it. Perfect colors for a little girl right?

I love that these are so fast! What are you knitting for Christmas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great. Check out Knitting at Noon, she has a good video for the grafting toes.

Yarnhog said...

I'm not a terribly experienced sock knitter, but I have discovered that socks tend to stretch, and then they slump. I have to knit them at a much tighter gauge than I would ordinarily use to keep them from stretching.