Monday, January 14, 2008

Fiberlicious Weekend

This weekend BDiddy was out of town fishing. So Jess and I got together to wind yarn and knit. We got a little crazy and wound anything and everything that wasn't wound into a ball. I was up until about 2:00am! Here's Jess's loot.



A while back we got an obscene deal on a bunch of Bartlett yarns. Even now I wish I would have just bought all of the yarn they had that day it was such a good deal.





I did manage to finally finish my Embossed Leaves socks.
Yarn: Skacel Trekking XXL- 1 skein
Needles: Started with 1.5 US, 2.5mm steel needles, switched to Knit Picks DPN's after Christmas.
Started December 2007, finished January 2008.
Size Women's Medium

I once said I would never make socks.
Never say never.





Friday the mail came and this was in it! My shipment from Hello Yarn. I managed to hold off with the experiments until Sunday.



I did 2 mini skeins for practice. Here they are before re-skeining.

After I re-skeined them.




I had to try it out a little too to see how it knit. Using a baby sock pattern, you can find the link to it here. The yarn is 100% Merino superwash wool in fingering weight. It is super soft!


These pictures are the closest to the real thing.

I think this is gonna be a lot of fun! I gotta head to the store for a scale today and get dyeing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look really pretty! Good job!! Sounds like you had a fun weekend! The sock yarn looks like a fun project.

Anonymous said...

You guys should maybe call me once in awhile, I like to knit too!
sandy